The Campermit Committee are committed to making Campermit the most sustainable SSAGO camp to date.
We plan to achieve this with the following measures:
- Not using single-use plastics wherever possible, including not providing single-use cups for drinks or single-use plates/cutlery.
- Encouraging participants to travel via public transport wherever possible, and running a shuttle to train stations to support this.
- Encouraging, and facilitating, nearby participants to share road transport where public transport is not practical.
- Opting in for meat: all participants are on the plant based menu by default, unless they explicitly opt in while booking.
- Serving no beef at the event.
- Working to use British produce wherever reasonably practicable.
- Reducing food waste when catering.
- Adding information on the carbon footprint for options, where reasonably practicable, when booking to give participants the information they need to make an informed decision.
If you experience any issues in the booking process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.